Wednesday, June 9, 2010

My week so far:

I have been able to print almost $70 in coupons and I can't even remember how many freebies I have signed up for. Facebook, For the Mommas and Deal Seeking Moms are my 3 best sources for deals, freebies and samples. Facebook has given me numerous coupons for free bagels, samples, freebies and tons of coupons. Kraft has a great program where they either send you new food products to sample or coupons for a free item from the store. I have friends who are able to go to the grocery store buy over $100 in groceries and actually walk out of there with them paying my friends to basically take the groceries. I am nowhere near that savy but I can find free or low cost movies, meals, deals at Pennys or Bath & Body Works and Target. I know pretty much within a 30 mile radius where my kid can eat free and how to go to a brand new release movie and spend less than $15 for 2 people, including tickets and snacks. But with all that aside and I will post more specific info to these deals as they come along or as my blog progresses but my purpose for this evenings blog is a rant.
I have a son who is almost 11 years old, totally self sufficient and can take care of himself but since I am a single mom with limited income I need a sitter for him for the summer, I cannot afford camps or programs and started looking for a sitter online thru Craigs list or one of those sitter sites.. They all want $10-12 an hour... OK so do the math with me.. a teenager.. getting tax free cash.. 10 hours a day for at least 3-4 days a week... So avg of 330-440 a week for at least 6 weeks ( he spends half the summer with his dad) .. Are you kidding me?? Am I in the minority her to think that is INSANE??? I can see that for smaller children or for a job thats only 2-4 hours but at 10 hours a day?? I am basically playing someone to play video games and hang out at the pool all day and I am supposed to do that at $10 an hour?? No thank you!!!!

No comments: