Monday, June 14, 2010

Last link to my youth

Over the weekend I watched the last link to my youth graduate from high school. She was born on the day of my senior prom and she has been a part of my life ever since. I was a big part in her and her sisters life as they were both growing up. I was their babysitter who grew into their friend. (Two years ago, her older sister went off to college at Ball State, where she used to come visit me when she was little.) It was very strange watching her do something that I just did 18 years ago when she was a newborn. (yes becaise I am refusing to think it was really THAT long ago). She is no longer a little girl and is getting ready to start the next journey in her life. The part where she leaves the little girl behind and lets the woman she has become go off to college!!! I am so proud of her and wish her the very best in the next chapter in her life.
I am hoping to start stacking those coupons and deals this week so if there is anything to report on that front, I will provide an update.
Jake is still gone for another week. There is a funeral for the family this week and I still need to do a lot of work on the house. I am hoping things start to change soon in regards to my social life and work is really boring. Now that we are all caught up, everyone enjoy your day!!

No comments: