Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Ready for Spring

Wow, ok so yet again I promise to keep this more up to date and I am a slacker. Sorry folks!! So here goes.
The past 2 weeks have been good for Jake. School has been better, he's not bringing home much or any homework these days and he seems to really see a difference in himself when he has good days and does this. He's happy!!! He tries really hard to accomplish this. Still having those issues at school with his little potty mouth however.. Yes folks, my 11 year old sweet innocent.. oh wait.. never mind.. my 11 year old cusses like a sailor and is rude and obnoxious! But hey at least he's not breaking windows, beating people up or breaking teachers toes.. Right?? Silver lining? Positive thinking?? Small Victories where I can find them??
Meds seem to be ok for now but we still have room to increase doses if we need to. I like the combo he's on now and hope it continues to work.
The weather has caused some issues but not as bad as I thought it would. He's bored a lot but not being destructive or anything.. A little more on the hyper side but I will take the high side to bipolar any day over the low side with him. He's been spending a lot of time with his Lego's but really wants to get outside and play, travel and have fun. I think he gets that from me LOL
He got his grades up from last grading period too.. :)
He's eating a lot better these days too. Eating a lot of fruit but still need's to get more active. So ready for spring to be here.
We are planning a pretty fun trip for Spring Break. It's only going to be a few days and close to home, sadly no place warm but hopefully we will be able to do that over the summer! Mommy really needs to get some things in order and straightened out but that's another story for another time.

No comments: